Desperately seeking Mantis Religiosa~ 16 to be exact!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daplowrie

Reaction score
Hello! This forum was recommended to me by a reptile breeding friend of mine. My daughter at Syraucuse University is currently working on a project involving Mantis Religiosa. She is observing their communities and mating habits, and they will keep them inside until warmer weather, when they will be allowed to set them free. They will not be harmed~ well, at least not by my daughter. She tells me they mate in threesomes and then the weaker male has his head chewed off by the female. Ouch! She has only been able to find 4, she needs 16 more, and in New York it is getting too cold to find any. And every site that I tried that sells live ones or egg cases of that species is sold out or temporarily unavailable right now. Any ideas or help would be very much appreciated! (Or she will be driving South this weekend!!)

Welcome!

I have a cousin (not on this forum) who has a dead end infested with mantis religiosa. I may be able to send an egg case, if no one else has any.

As for mating in threes, well, I've mated them in twos with a fertile connection. It would be interesting to hear of threes, though. I know one member posted a photo of such a scenario with chinese mantises.

thank you all! i apppreciate the welcomes :) My daughter likes them so much, she may end up keeping some LOL!

thank you everyone~ for the welcomes and offers of help. there may be someone who can ship her an egg case~ we will see :) thanks again!

Latest posts