Disapeerence

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellron

Reaction score
So. I had two ooths, and I kept one and let the offspring of another out in my garden. Hoping that in a month or two I would see big ones, that I could say "hi" too. But a week has gone by, and all are gone!

I put some on my rose bush, infested with whiteflies, ants, flies, aphids, the whole lot! (*When I say some I mean 100ish*) Now I come back and all are gone! Even in my vegtable garden, with another smorgishborg of insects!!!

The weather has been hot then cold, and the cycle is still going, heres a month forcast for my area/

http://www.weather.com/weather/monthly/951...pnav_undeclared

All the weather has been the same, this cycle keeps repeating! Any of this too bad for Chiniese Mantids?

Thx!

When released into the yard, don't expect mantises to stick around. I'm just glad when they do. Keep looking out for them, you might see them on occasion.

Last year, I let two large ooths hatch outside. I saw maybe 4 or 5 in several months after the first few days passed.

They move around alot more than you think. Some die and some become food for other critters. Two or three MIGHT make it to adulthood at most. Even if they are still there they will be very small and hard to find.