Dubias and Madagascar hissing cockroaches...Can they live together?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrickfraser

Reaction score
I was out today at my "watering hole" on Thursday and went by the local pet store to see what was there. I fell in love...again, with a parrot there. It swings right up the the side and bites the cage to put his ear up to listen to you. Today it got my attention with "Hola". By the time I left I had him "hissing" for me. It was HILAR!

OK...Back on topic...They also had hissing cockroaches. I bought 3 (2 females and one male...I hope...The males have the horns, right???). $3.99 each (is that expensive?) I thought the girls were fat and there were no babies in the aquarium, so they may even be gravid. Fingers crossed

I was wondering if I could just chuck them in with my dubias. I believe the care is similar, if not identical. Would there be a problem??? I don't think they'd "interbreed", or could they???

I'll just have to keep the bin covered, because they can climb.

I bought them mainly to produce more feeder variety, as I have chameleons now, too.

Can it be done???

I currently have skunk roaches, wood roaches, and oriental roaches all living together with no problems as of yet? I don't know if any of them can interbreed though? Hopefully someone with more knowlegde of roaches can chime in? ;)

I have hisser babies! :clap: Now how do I stop them from crawling out of the bin? I have a screened lid, but the little ones crawl up the side and can sneak out from under the lid because they are so small.

Latest posts