Dying Chinese-HELP!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graph

Reaction score
He's a male, rather small, only a few inches. He is sluggish and "sleepy" and generally looks sickly. He showed no interest in my female, and only ate half a cricket. He sort of sulks around his stick...

The weird thing is, he just randomly attacked my finger. He was sitting on my hand, as if in a coma, and then, out of the blue, flared out his wings and struck at my finger. It took a few tries and a couple pairs of tweesers to get him free.

Is there any hope for my darling Cyrus? HE'S TOO YOUNG TO DIE!!! :(

the Asian female I have seems to do that (the falling asleep) ... I have seen her, while eating, appear to nod off and just stand there, then if I blow on her she restarts eating almost like I woke her up.

In the US wild, most mantids are at the end of their lives by now. All the males that I caught in the summer are now dead (my last one died this past weekend). So, if you caught him outside don't expect him to live for much longer. Once he can no longer hang/walk just put him in the freezer for some minutes until he passes.

Latest posts