Elaea marchali

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nepenti

Reaction score
I don't know if you have this species in USA. I managed to get it recently and here are some photos. Hope you like it.

elaea-marchali-01a.jpg

elaea-marchali-02a.jpg

elaea-marchali-03a.jpg

elaea-marchali-04a.jpg

elaea-marchali-05a.jpg

elaea-marchali-06a.jpg

elaea-marchali-07a.jpg

elaea-marchali-08a.jpg

elaea-marchali-09a.jpg

elaea-marchali-10a.jpg

Nice to see a new species of bark mimic, I love these.

Let's hope you manage to breed them, it seems that you have a pair so good luck !

Rob.

Nice to see a new species of bark mimic, I love these.Let's hope you manage to breed them, it seems that you have a pair so good luck !

Rob.
Yep, I even have 4+4 :) 4 adult females and 4 subadult males now. I also love them very much.

How hard are they to keep? dont think there are any interesting bark mimics in my skill range yet

They are very fast and need a piece of wood. They moult very easy even on the ground so it's really not a problem with them. Just keep around 30C and feed with small insects like hydei or even meganolaster. They attack very fast and make much noise in their plastic boxes because of that.

What sort of humidity and temperature do they need?

And what are hydei and meganolaster?

What sort of humidity and temperature do they need?And what are hydei and meganolaster?
Humidity around 50%, I spray only once a week and temperature around 30C. Those are fruit flies (hydei is bigger and meganolaster is smaller)

I dont find those that interesting though, although i like tarachodula panthera

Latest posts