European Mantis acting strange.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bug_Lover_Momma

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a wild caught European mantis female, she just laid her second ooth the other day, and now she is acting strange. She keeps falling from the top of her enclosure and has a hard time climbing. We found her in August... Is she at the end of her life cycle?

I've attached a picture of her enclosure... Is there something I can do to make it better for her?

64587_10151112011633870_55478488_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They can have a hard time gripping plastic if it's not textured and the spikes on their feet wear down as they age. She'd do better with natural textures, like those branches, but she probably wants to get as high as possible in the enclosure.

I found mine in August two and she just laid her second ooth about a week ago. Now she does fall more as she's aging. Yours probably has at least a month left though. I expect my little European girl Ailise will still live a while longer, and it sounds like ours were the same age :) But a net container would definitely help. Try insect lore brand, Can't go wrong with insect lore!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts