Feeder chemical warfare

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malakyoma

Reaction score
The title is probably a little overdramatic. But I was wondering if any of the defenses of feeders could potentially be a problem to mantids? I know a good wrestling match with a superworm isnt a big deal but what about the stink spray of beetles? It doesnt even smell that bad its just strong like a kick in the teeth. I transfered my superworm beetles by hand to new drawers today and afterwards the smell on my hand made me nauseous. I hope it doesnt hurt my mantids when the beetle sprays.

My superworms are just starting to curl. I am not familiar with the "stinking" capabilities of the beetles, but I will find out soon enough. :D .

Mantids could care less what their food smells like...as long as it moves :p ....they don't mind the superworm beetle smell at all, or stinkbug smell...they like the stinky...

Mantids could care less what their food smells like...as long as it moves :p ....they don't mind the superworm beetle smell at all, or stinkbug smell...they like the stinky...
Well I'm more concerned about whether the stink has something else that could hurt them. I know their sense of smell isnt their redeeming trait and they still eat them fine. Was just wondering if I should look out for an aggravated eye that got sprayed.

My superworms are just starting to curl. I am not familiar with the "stinking" capabilities of the beetles, but I will find out soon enough. :D .
lol you'll also find out the stinking capabilities of whatever you keep the worms in lol. I had to wash my fishing tacklebox that I pupated worms in after 2 reps because the worms keep pooping in there. You open it up and it smells like death lol.

Latest posts