first mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first mantis was a orange and redish brown Chinse mantid that I named Scarlet. I caught her in my yard three years ago. I have yet to find another mantis as friendly as she was. I was able to find a male and mate her. Scarlet lived with me until mid-October when it became to hard for me to find wild insects to feed her. I set her free and much to my suprise I found her months later still hanging around my house in mid-December! I put a red mantis decal on my car window in rememberance of her.

Odontomantis sp.. How i wish i could identify the species because (judging from Yen's pics) it wasn't planiceps. Judging from geographical location and the image gallery from MantisOnline.de, it wasn't micans either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was a Stagmomantis carolina male nymph found at a local park. I currently have some of his grandchildren hatching out. :D My avatar is a photo of him. :)

My first one was an adult female Stagmomantis carolina seven years ago. She laid like five or six fertile ooths which hatched a couple thousand babies but I didn't know it (Or how to care for an ooth, since I was only seven and new to the hobby), so they all died. :eek: