Flea problem

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I have a problem with fleas in my new apartment. I want to stop them but am afraid I will hurt my mantids too.

How can I get rid of them? I had to give up my cat, we didnt get along so I found him a new home. The fleas stayed. Please help! Thanks in advance.

Find a place you can leave your mantids for a day or two....spray apt(with w/e flea pesticide) , let it air out a day and put the mantids back once u notice the chemical smell is gone....

What Andrew said can work. It also depends how bad the flea problem is; how bad is your problem?

I find the fleas in my bed and easy chair at least. I catch them biting me and kill them but Im sure I cant kill all of them. I bet they like my little rugs I have here and there.

You might have to get prof help...if they were just on your rugs, I would say sure do the chemicals....but you could try putting all of your bedsheets and pillow covers (basically all of your bed stuff) and put it in the washer when yoi spray the carpet and mats and rugs...up to you...

This is what I found online:

Flea Repellent Spray

Make a flea repellent spray to use in your home and on your pet. Cut a lemon into quarters then put them in a bowl and cover them with boiling water. Let the mixture steep overnight, and then strain and pour it into a spray bottle. Spray your pet. Do not use an orange instead of a lemon if you have a cat. After you've done a test spray on furniture and carpeting to check for possible staining, you can use the spray throughout the house to repel fleas.

Fleas in the House

Thoroughly vacuum your house and sprinkle a fine layer of table salt on carpets and upholstered furniture. This will help prevent fleas from moving into your home. Put a couple of drops of an essential oil, such as peppermint, on cotton balls and place them around the house out of reach of pets and children.

Last edited by a moderator:
OOOOrkin man!..... not to be confused with the culligan man!

Side Note: Line above is copy righted and use with out consent is punishable by beheading by Mantis!