Food options

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captnsarah

Reaction score
Okay, so I feed Magnus on crickets so far, I have offered small mealworms but he doesn't seem very keen, even when I cut one in half for him.

We don't have fruit flies where I am and I was contemplating catching some blow flies or something but I don't see blow flies or other flies here being very, uh, nutritious for him.

I saw one of the petshops had woodies, but they were medium size so way too big for him at the moment.

Any other suggesting of what I could offer him? Or is crickets okay for now?

Put out a can of cat food and see what comes to it, but not at night! Do you have many moths there? What are woodies?

As long as the crickets are fed a healthy diet, they should be just fine if your mantis likes them. Going from the picture on the introduction forum, I'd feed Magnus smaller to mid-sized crickets if he was under my care.

As long as the crickets are fed a healthy diet, they should be just fine if your mantis likes them. Going from the picture on the introduction forum, I'd feed Magnus smaller to mid-sized crickets if he was under my care.
Agreed. Crickets get a bad rep but it's not them, it's what they eat. Give them egg crate and feed them healthy, and they will be healthy for your mantis

Latest posts