• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale: Empusa Nymphs

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avantis

Reaction score
A fair number of Empusa pennata nymphs for sale.

PM for more information. :rolleyes:

All sold for the moment until orders are sent out. Awaiting more ooths to hatch.

Cheers

Empusapennata4.jpg

Empusapennata1.jpg

Empusapennata2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pics! I realize you probably don't ship overseas but I have a general question about those nice mantids: Do those require a diapause period like empusa fasciata?

Hello there Arkanis,

I've not had any issues with this species, as long as they are kept warm and get a minimum of 12 hours light they are fine and will not diapause. I have E. fasciata in the same room and they are subadult/adult.

I have no worries about shipping overseas but it will of course be at your own risk.

UK and Europe there is no problem.

Thank you for you interest.

Nice pics! I realize you probably don't ship overseas but I have a general question about those nice mantids: Do those require a diapause period like empusa fasciata?

how much each and what instar are they? oh also how much would shipping be to the usa?

It's premature to say they don't need a diapause unless you have bred them for some generations. The nymphs on the pics look like wild-caught ones.

It's a fair point Christian, perhaps I should have said ''should not'' instead of ''will not''.

As soon as my E. fasciata moult to adults I will let you know if they breed succesfully without a diapause.

Cheers

It's premature to say they don't need a diapause unless you have bred them for some generations. The nymphs on the pics look like wild-caught ones.

Latest posts