Frying Flies

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giesle

Reaction score
Does anybody else's mantises cook their dinner before eating it?

Frying-Flies.jpg

Thanks. I got her from Patrickfraser. I bought a few different adult species from him for my prop shooting and didn't even think about the Violin until he mentioned he had one for sale. So glad that he did, because the species I was after turned out to be too small. She is by far the most difficult model in the world to work with though.....nothing but a bunch of legs. Just got to catch her at the precise moment before she climbs all the way up.

I'm glad you posted this. I loved it when you sent it to me and was just waiting for it to show up on the forum. I'd say submit some of your work for the calendar. Something a little different, but definitely "print worthy". Here's to you and more fun photos. :clap:

Awesome! That stove looks so realistic. You should try doing more series with the same mantis species and then do a children's book.
At first I thought about doing something along those lines when I took the pics of the Budwing in the bathroom, but it's taken me this long to get this shot and the ones of her pushing her baby in the park to go along with the Budwing shots that now I just don't know. I shot these all to go into the UK papers and it's still a tad premature, being that I just sent them to the news agency yesterday, but I'd bet money they will be published within a week or two. Maybe if the papers really like them I can do something like a weekly column with her doing a different thing. :)

Funny, I shopped for a playpen for quite awhile and never found one small enough and also shopped for a vacuum cleaner, but just never bought it....not sure why, I probably eventually will. Normal sized dollhouse assortments are usually too big and I have to shop for the more hard to find 1/18 scale.

Like all the rest, this is truly great and a welc ome break frm our more philosophical discussions. One minor quibble, though, That isn't a frying pan that she has the flies in; surely it's a saute pan? :D

Absolutely great picture.

Have you ever tried to find an 1:18 scale modell of a vacuum cleaner by ebay?

Like all the rest, this is truly great and a welc ome break frm our more philosophical discussions. One minor quibble, though, That isn't a frying pan that she has the flies in; surely it's a saute pan? :D
Thanks. Yeah, I thought of that when shooting and making out the title, but stuck with "Frying Flies" just because it has a nice ring to it. :)

Absolutely great picture.

Have you ever tried to find an 1:18 scale modell of a vacuum cleaner by ebay?
I have and it seems like I did find one on Ebay, but for some reason blew off buying it. Probably because I thought I could eventually find a better one.