Ghost bad Molt

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squidlinus

Reaction score
Hi,

My level 3 Ghost just molted, he was slightly tangled and still had some old skin attached to his head that he couldn't shake, i managed to remove it. His front arms don't seem to be sitting right, he can't retract them properly they seem fixed at a right angle.....Will he still be able to feed and will the problem correct itself next moult. If he can't eat then he may not make it to next molt. I have heard you can speed up molting by increasing temperature?? is it possible to hand feed fruit flies?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Give him some time and see how he does. He may be ok. If you find he cannot catch food you could hand feed with some tweezers or tongs though it will be difficult to feed him enough this way especially if he is small. Depending on how bad he turned out his next molt may be more difficult. If you could take a pic of him that would be helpful.

Thanks, He is moving about ok and looking at prey he only molted last night..ill try and get a photo to post

Thanks, He is moving about ok and looking at prey he only molted last night..ill try and get a photo to post
I had exactly the same problem with a l5 ghost, skin stuck on the head and the forearms wouldnt retract as the skin har hardened in a weird shape, I hand fed him fruit flies for a couple of weeks, but he did not fare well, stopped eating, wouldnt shed then generally started falling off things, so sadly i had to feed him to one of my african males,

I hope yours manages to pull through.

Mat.

Latest posts