giant asain female

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macro junkie

Dead Leaf Mantis
Reaction score
shes Nearly adult..im on the search for a male..Oh shes so full on crickets it looks like shes going to pop.lol..i better stop feeding her :p il get some full body shots in a bit

For full size image click Here

1826094869_c0e328cc83.jpg

hi guys..i been shooting insects about 1 year ..its the set up i have which allows me to take such good pics..iots a very easy set up to use which the top macro pros use..well they dont use my canon 400D cause its the lowest SLRm u can buy but the mpe-65 lens and mt-24ex is what they use and i use..the lens and flash cost me 1000£ in total.i wanted the best macro set up money could buy.its true theres more expensive macro lens on market but no lens on the market goes past 1:1..only canons mpe-65....its got a min focal distance of 1:1..u see that pic above?thats 1:1..its goes fomr 1:1 - 2:1 - 3:1 - 4:1 - 5:1..i have shot some pics tonight at 1:1-5:1 to show u guys..any one can get pics like me just pitty it cost so much.its also posiball to get to 5:1 with a bellows and a nornall macro lens but u would need to use M apputure on the lens ring which would mean u wouldnt use the flash in ttl mode..this is why i got the mpe-65..its made for guys like me who shoot past 1:1,.il post them pics later when i have resized them.,i took a few good ones today...thanks for popping by the thread guys,...scott.

Last edited by a moderator: