Gongylus Gongylodes Emergency

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spencervirt

Reaction score
I had to feed my violin a cricket because I wasn't able to find a moth. I was getting worried because she hadn't eaten in a while. Will she be ok?

What is the reason people do not feed crickets?

Many people I show my mantids to say "I want one" and think they can just feed crickets and I tell them they're not supposed to feed only crickets but I don't "why" so... Why are you not supposed to only feed crickets what happens?

What is the reason people do not feed crickets?

Many people I show my mantids to say "I want one" and think they can just feed crickets and I tell them they're not supposed to feed only crickets but I don't "why" so... Why are you not supposed to only feed crickets what happens?
Crickets are fine. The issue here is that some people believe certain species can only eat flies. This being one of them.

So there is no basis in fact that "crickets have too much protein for mantids"? I've read this online and have always kept my cricket feedings down to a minimum. They certainly grow faster with bigger meals.

Mine will occasionally take crickets from tongs in those times when I am out of flies but sometimes they will not and just swat the tongs and move away. I'd like to find a small species of moth to culture for them (lesser wax moths) cos they just love the small moths I catch on rare occasions.

its a fact that they can live there whole lives on crickets, but once it comes time to mate and the females ooth will be unfertile. I personally dont know remember the scientific reason but its been explained before, that P. W.'s and Violins cannot live on crickets if you want them to have fertile ooths.

Latest posts