Green Eggs on Walls

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curiosity

Reaction score
Sadly, they're not actually green. But I have found two mantis eggs outside, and they're both attached to a wall. Since I doubt that my parents would be exactly overjoyed if I removed parts of the house wall, not to mention that I doubt I have the upper body strength for that, I was wondering if anyone had any idea how to get oothecae off of a wall.

I'm afraid to just grab and yank. If I try to take one between two fingers, my fingers push inwards uncomfortably far. I'm pretty sure if I actually tried to pull, I'd damage the eggs. That's why I'm asking.

IMG_0282.jpeg  IMG_0281.jpeg

You should be able to gently pull them off. Just wiggle them a bit and work your fingers underneath.

- MantisGirl13

Does mom or dad have a putty tool? or even a razor blade, please dont get cut, just slip it under them and lide till they come off, right x to wall do this.

@hibiscusmile Yeah, those are two separate eggs on different walls. Would a metal spatula head work? . . . not sure why I'm asking. My dad probably does have those tools. I considered doing that with a spatula head . . . didn't because I was concerned I might damage the eggs. If you say that won't happen, I guess I'll try it (with the tools you suggested, if my dad does have them - which is pretty likely).

Latest posts