Greetings from Indiana

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scratchspider

Reaction score
Hey y'alls! My name is Rod, and I live in Bloomington, IN. I got into mantids a few years ago when my old roommate received one of those Mantis Pagodas as a birthday gift and shared the nymphs with everyone. I enjoyed the experience but none of them made it to adulthood. A year later I found a Carolina Mantis nymph on my car and took it in. My roommate named her Victor (before we knew the sex) and I quickly fell in love. She was friendly, docile, and would hang out on my table with me for hours while I studied/cooked/whatever. She'd even eat dinner scraps when winter came and prey insects were hard to come by. I've loved mantids ever since.

I'm an astrophysics student and cyclist by day, and a pizza slinger by night, so needless to say I don't have much time for pets. I love mantids because they don't get lonely and miserable when I'm gone half the day, and my landlord doesn't consider them a violation of their no-pets policy. :sailor: And obviously they're beautiful and fascinating creatures!

victornaudrey.jpg

victorbacon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts