Greetings from Indiana!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantis House

Reaction score
Hello all! My name is Ian Russell, and I have been keeping mantids for about 3 years. I used to just keep  Chinese and Carolina Mantids, but I recently just bought a few orchids, and I have fallen in love with them. 

A little about myself, I am 17 years old, just graduated high school a year early, and am registered and starting college on August 20th. I am a Biology major at IUPUI, on the Pre-Med track. 

I know now that it may take a long time, but my goal is to become one of the reputable breeders that you suggest to beginners. I have seen that DeShawn from Mantid Kingdom, and Patty from mantidsgalore are some of the most suggested reeders, and I hope that my name can be added to that list one of these days. I do acknowledge, though, that it is a very long-term goal, as I know those two individuals have been doing it for many years. Plus, with all the other things I have to do, I won’t have time for a long while. 

My goal is to at least be sort of up-and-running by 2021. By then, I should have a website, and at least 5 or 6 species available. My website will be Mantis House, but that may change, because some cyber squatting company has taken the domain name “mantishouse.com”, and they’re trying to sell it for over $2000 ?. So my website will probably be something else. Currently, I am building a free website, and the url is:

mantishouse.wordpress.com

Feel free to visit it (even though it isn’t done yet) and Follow, so you can be notified of whenever I make a new post or announcement.  

As I am, indeed, not as experienced as many of you on here, I am always open to advice, tips, or any other form of criticism. 

Well, that’s all the ranting I’m going to do for now, so I’ll end it here. Once again, I am very excited to be a part of this community now, and I hope that someday I will be a prominent breeder in the mantis community!

PS. I am located in Indiana, and as far as I can tell, there aren’t any large scale breeders here, so I may have found myself a niche ? 

EDIT: Also, I designed my profile pic, and it is my soon-to-be company logo, so please do not steal it, or claim that it is your’s. I’m sure nobody here would, but I just wanted to put it out there, since it isn’t trademarked yet. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum! I hope that you can become a great breeder; that is my dream as well. 

- MantisGirl13

Welcome to the forums! Sounds like you already have a good amount of experience. Glad to be reassured that you’ll probably be wanting to stick around. Good luck with your website!

Welcome. :)

Hopefully you can make your dream come true and become a good mantid breeder. Good luck with that.?

Hi New member form Indiana here as well! I have three praying mantids. 2 girls and 1 boy.

Galaxy, Yulee and Liza all around L4-L5

Hoping to learn some great stuff here.

Dailey 

Last edited by a moderator: