Greetings from Malaysia! :)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IzzHrz

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Izz here from Malaysia, been interested with mantis for quite a longgg time and finally got 2 dead leaf mantis (not sure specifically what instar tho) last weekend.

Looking forward to learn more from all of you  :D

25636987_2013709338639522_1264532759_o.jpg25625399_2013712688639187_1202569372_o.jpg

Welcome! Nice looking dead leafs. Looks to me like a D. Dessicata. The first looks like a adult due to the wings and the second looks to be presub or sub adult(one or two molts away from adult). Have fun with those guys!

Welcome! Like Connor said the first looks like an adult, it's a gorgeous mantis :)  

Hello Izz and welcome to the forum
welcome6.gif

Yes, as others seem confused about, wings on a mantid does mean adult. I had two Deroplatys lobata mantids myself once, and they were amazing. In that aspect I would love to see what species you have natively or are available to get in your country. The species you can get puts most of us to shame. ;)

Haha thank you ^^

At the moment im only planning to keep these 2. We'll see how it goes next year :D

Latest posts