Had a weird thing happen...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FieroRumor

Reaction score
A few weeks ago, I went Ooth-huntin, and came back with a few Chinese Ooths. I stuck two in a tank , and didn't think much more about them.

I misted them a few times, but then I read that they usualy require a diapause period, so i didn't think they would hatch.

last night, I had the most vivid dream. Usually, I don't remember my dreams at all, but last night, I dreamed of millions of baby mantids hatching, and then crawling all over the walls.

I woke up and saw that the mantids had hatched in the tank in my computer room! I didn't think they were going to hatch at all, and hadn't thought about them since I stuck the egg cases in the tank a few weeks ago.

Wacky! :)

Awww, They are sooooo cute! :)

so you had a premonition about your mantises? how befitting because the name mantis comes from the greek word for prophet. :D

egyptians believed mantids are our guides in the afterlife. i've had a dream that a mantis the size of a dog flicked out it's tongue at me like a chameleon, and my girlfriend dreamt she was one, eating a fly :shock:

A few weeks is enough time to hatch when kept warm.

I cant say I've had a dream about them myself. Its a shame you didnt have the dream the night before so you could get the food ready in time!