Hei hei!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PsychoMantis

Reaction score
Hey!

So... don't really know where to start. I'm still new to this bug business, and had a few failed attempts due to very small things I had lost sight of. Kind of a bummer, but I lost my L5 Parasphendale sp. a few days ago, which was really upsetting for me, so I decided I should devote myself more by getting more into some sort of community, where I might learn one thing or two. I'm not particularly great with forums, but I'll do my best.

About me... well, not sure what to say beside what's on my profile; I'm a bug fan from Germany (not too fond of the German forums), I have one mantis, two millipedes, and one beetle as of now, and really enjoy watching them and learning about them. I wish more people would look past them being more besides creepy "critters." I think some of them are really adorable, where I'd have to say millipedes are by far my favorites, closely followed by mantises. Just watching them is so incredible to me.

I also like Metal Gear Solid, for those who don't know -- that's where my name comes from. Psycho Mantis is a character I like. I also like Psychology, so it's kind of a triple pun. What else... I like nature, drawing/painting, reading, writing, sculpting, watching movies and japanese cartoons entertain me a lot I guess? Oh, and video games of course :p

I hope to get a good camera soon, because I really want to take close shots of insects in all their macro-glory :)

So yeah, that's about it, I hope I didn't forget anything!

Feel free to hit me up if you want to.

Cheers

Greetings and welcome to the forum
welcome7.gif

I really like your alias - I figured it was gone already. ;) I remember the first time I played Metal Gear Solid and the controller was shaking and he was reading my saved game file names, it was kinda spooky. I didn't know he did that lol. :D

Well glad to see you found your way here from the German forums, hope to see you around. What millipedes do you have?

Greetings and welcome to the forum
welcome7.gif

I really like your alias - I figured it was gone already. ;) I remember the first time I played Metal Gear Solid and the controller was shaking and he was reading my saved game file names, it was kinda spooky. I didn't know he did that lol. :D

Well glad to see you found your way here from the German forums, hope to see you around. What millipedes do you have?
Thanks!

Yeah, I just typed it thinking the exact same, I was honestly really surprised when I saw it wasn't taken, hehe

Same here, it was a brilliant way to show his abilities as a character in the game by messing with the controls like that. ;)

I have two - one female MPA, whom I named Amabel (yes, I name them, they're my little babies) and one male Epibolus Pulchripes called Murphy. Unfortunately I don't have any recent pics of Amabel. It's really difficult to get decent photos of them since they waddle around pretty fast, but here's some of Murphy:

de47tf.jpg

29ekwm9.jpg

Latest posts