Hello from Cambridge!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MantisMarket

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently made a post in the general mantis section however I was directed here to introduce myself a bit more!

My real name is Jack, and I live in Cabridge, England. I was originally born near Manchester and lived in a sleepy village call Holmfirth where a famous UK Television program called Last of the Summer Wine was filmed. I have recently graduated from university where I studied Embedded Systems Engineering and from there I now work for a broadcasting company in the product design and development department.

I have owned 3 species of mantids in my time, my first being a Congo Green (Sphrodomantis Aurea), my second a Ghost Mantis (who is still alive to this day, going on 1.5 years now!!) and a couple of Indian Flower Mantids which were unfortunatly lost due to moulting and issues with delivery.

So, I am currently a member of the UK Mantis Forums and for the past year I have been developing a Mantis site with some very helpful feedback from the UK community. I have now come over here to get some views and opinions from people over the pond on the website. I have posted details of it over in the General Mantis forum under the title, New Mantis Wiki.

I hope to keep enjoying the company of mantids and to care for them. They are fascinating creatures and the variety is astonishing as is thier nature. In the future I would love to owns some Idolo's however I think I may have to wait for the winter to pass due to thier liking for heat!

I own a multitude of other animals also, which include 2 leopard geckos, a mini lop rabbit and short haired guinee pig.

So, thats me and my life, I hope I will have some good discussions here and that I can help other people out also with my (albeit basic) knowledge.

Cheers all,

Jack.

Dear Jack,

Hi, and Welcome! My name is Nathaniel. My father and I just looked at some photos of Cambridge online. It is gorgeous there.

My father wants to go to Cambridge or Oxford and study Ethics. He spent one summer studying international business (finance and economics) at Durham (and teaching some juggling -- club passing to Brits), and loved it, the horseshoe bend of the river wrapping around the peninsula of land holding the old section of town, with the phenomenal cathedral atop the hill, dominating the town and surrounding area.

If he goes to England to study ethics, he will take me and my four siblings with him. And my mom. It would be at least a few years from now, as we just relocated from South Korea and my parents say I need to bone up on my English with formal study in the public school system here in North Carolina.

I am thirteen years old and my Dad is typing this for me because he types faster than I. I used to keep native mantids in South Korea. I let them all go when I moved here this past April (2011). Now I keep Gambian Spotted-eye Flower Mantids and one Carolina mantis ootheca.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Yuma, Arizona! We don't go punting on the Colorado River, like you do on the Cam, but an innertube and a sixpack make for pretty good company! :D

welcome from central ny and i gotta agree with phill on the a 6pk and an innertube is always fun when your dealing with class 3 and 4 rapids lol.

Welcome! Singaporean school-kids have a healthy reverance for Cambridge. We are PETRIFIED of you folk. I count myself lucky i've passed that stage :)

All the best!

Latest posts