Hello from NC!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finnyandwatson

Reaction score
Hey there! My name is Finley, and I'm a student from North Carolina! I'm actually really new to keeping mantids, but I really really love them. Earlier this year, I started to care for my Zoology class pet (named Watson). She (I think SHE) was the first mantis I ever took care of, and my teacher actually allowed me to keep her. Unfortunately, Watson recently passed away due to falling during a molt, but I still plan on keeping more mantids. (I actually have an ootheca coming to me soon!)

Here's a picture of Watson while she was alive! (Drawn on with my snapchat, of course)

image.jpeg

Welcome Finley! I am sorry for your premature loss of Watson. Unfortunately, losing mantises to mismolts and falls during molts is one of the saddest parts of keeping mantises. Hopefully your next mantises will make it to adulthood!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Finley and welcome to the forum
welcome.gif

Sorry to hear about Watson, but at least she inspired a new hobby for you. Best of luck with your ooth.