Hello from NJ

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry1NJ

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I just joined this forum today. I just happended to stumble across it tonight. I been keeping mantids for over 25 years now. Usually I find one outside and keep it as a pet. Right now I have a female mantid. I think its an asian mantid. I been feeding her crickets from the pet store since its very cold out and I cant get fresh food outside. I feed her a small cricket every other day. She still seems pretty healthy this late in the year. The latest one on my mantids lived was up to January. I noticed they live about a year. Heres a link of my mantis jumping on a cricket.

Welcome, NJ!! NJ, also!! Yep! Sure is finally settling down here to the normal weather patterns for Dec.!! And that little guy/girl you found is more than likely T. Sinensis (Chinese Mantis) as our other members have pointed out. To date I have rescued one wayward female which left me and my little nephews with six ooths before she died last November!! The next one I caught on my neighbor's second floor window. We later opted to free her as she needed to do her thing before her time was up!! You're in the right place!!! ;) What took u so long??!! :D ;)

Welcome, NJ!! NJ, also!! Yep! Sure is finally settling down here to the normal weather patterns for Dec.!! And that little guy/girl you found is more than likely T. Sinensis (Chinese Mantis) as our other members have pointed out. To date I have rescued one wayward female which left me and my little nephews with six ooths before she died last November!! The next one I caught on my neighbor's second floor window. We later opted to free her as she needed to do her thing before her time was up!! You're in the right place!!! ;) What took u so long??!! :D ;)
I cannot read this! :blink: The color is to light! whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :eek:

Latest posts