Hello from Pasadena!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laitma

Reaction score
Hello there!  

I'm from Pasadena, CA, I'm fairly new to keeping bugs as pets, but I've already fallen in love with them and can't wait to try new types-!  

I currently have a Giant Asian Mantis I got from the Natural History Museum Bug Fair event that they do every summer!  It's my first time raising a mantis to adulthood and she's been so fun and rewarding to watch!  She's laid an ooth and might lay another, she's looking pretty big lately...

I also have a Chilean Rose Hair tarantula sling, and currently also two Gulf Fritillary butterfly chrysalises!  I found the caterpillars outside munching on my brand-new passionfruit vine, so I took them hostage and fed them from a more established passionfruit--once they emerge as butterflies I'll release them back into my yard.  :)  I've had a walking stick in the past and I'd love to get another one, I've also been eyeing emperor scorpions as a potential pet...

Anyway, I'm still very new to it all but I'm a big fan of keeping bugs and looking to care for more mantises for sure as they're so fascinating and fun to care for!  

Cool assortment! I want to raise a sling one day too, but i feel like i would want it out of my house immediately once it got some size.  

Latest posts