Hello from South Carolina

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lala

Reaction score
Hi!

My name is Connie. I've been skulking around the forum pages for a few days now, prior to introducing myself. I've been gathering info, trying to decide if owning mantids is something I really want to do. I decided to try it, since its not a long term commitment anyway.

Today I received a package from bugsincyberspace.com. I am now the proud owner of a spiny flower and a thistle. They're very cool! Even tinier than I expected. I have a lighted magnifying glass on a stand for doing needlework. It has come in handy for getting a better look at these lil baby bugs. Fed them each a couple of D. hydei, which looked huge in comparison, but they made short work of it anyway.

They already seem to have a lil bit different personality. The Spiny is very curious, running around touching and looking at everything. The Thistle is more reticent, generally being still, while hiding behind sticks.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting some of you, and learning from your experience.

Welcome.. I am also new, I got bite by the Mantis bug...I am now a collector

My friends say...

Only you Denise, would have a "bug collection"..

Others call it an infestation!

Nice to meet you..

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love an infestation of mantises! Or maybe not?? Would they cause me breathing troubles when there are a million in a house?

Welcome, dreamed of some kind of beetle last night, though they were blue bottle flies and I let them loose, turns out they were a infestation... such is eating before bed!

Latest posts