Hello from the DESERTS of Arizona!!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My name is Leigh Anne DelRay and I am a photographer that lives in the deserts of Tucson Arizona.

I have a few different pets, 3 tortoise (1 leopard, 2 (local Sonoran) Desert Tortoise), 3 Tarantulas, 1 Arizona Bark Scorpion, 2 Dogs, 2 Cats, and soon more praying mantis.

I had at one time 6 as a pet, but they don't live terribly long, as you all know.

But I do love watching them and photographing them, especially wither super tiny objects that I have collected over the years (usually meant for train sets).

I guess that is about it eh?

Nice meeting all of you..

:D

here are some photos of my babies. (RIP some of them)

Enjoy..

This was a very very small Spiny Flower Nymph and an even smaller Rabbi.. (not photo-shopped)

watching-over-you.jpg

Have you ever heard of someone Praying Piano?? Ha Ha (very much photo-shopped)

praying-piano.jpg

Just a few sweet photos of my little baby nymph Spiny Flower

spiny-red.jpg

spiny-on-leaf.jpg

spiny-flower-on-flower.jpg

I call this one, "Fancy Pants on a Chopstick"

fancy-pants-on-a-chopstick.jpg

This is my little Congo Green saying "who me????"

who-me.jpg

Another cute one of the wahlbergii

close-up.jpg

And although this is not really mantid-related, I still think they are pretty funny. I bought these little terrified people and put them in with my Trinidad Chevron. It was pretty funny..

help.jpg

coming-to-get-you.jpg

Those are great! I have a bunch of N - scale railroad people and bikes and stuff - I just may be inspired to make some scenes like yours. Welcome from Los Angeles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey welcome, I was wondering when u would say hello! from OHIO! ps. where u get the little people? and the pics are great, specially the black and white! pss... I have a producer who takes pics coming this fall to photograph my mantis, she loves them and I can't wait to see her stuff! You photographers are amazing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Los Angeles!

Wow I didn't know Congo greens were in the US.

Awesome!

They are really pretty.

Minkyu

Latest posts