Hello from The Netherlands!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misako

Reaction score
Hello there! I thought it was time for an introduction post. My name is Wendy, I come from the Netherlands, and I'm a beginner at keeping Mantid. I have started with a Spiny Flower Mantis, a male, who just yesterday night shedded into adult! He is doing very well!

5872309859_3ee8dc38ac_z.jpg

I got his enclosure from the pet shop, pre-decorated but I think I'd like to try and re-decorate it myself. If you guys have any tips on that, I'd love to hear them! Or tips in general, ofcourse! I've had this mantis for a few weeks now, and it's going pretty good :)

Welcome to you in the Netherlands, Wendy. You live in a marvelous country. Perhaps since flowers grow well there, you could get one in a small pot and place it in the enclosure where you keep your handsome Spiney. This could be modified to be a fake plant, if a live one is too much of a hassle. Anyway, good luck to you and I hope you can get some helpful information as I have here on Mantid Forum. My name is Rich from near Los Angeles, CA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the community Wendy. Your mantid is quite a beauty. As far as decorating goes I like to fill my mantis enclosures with items that would be found in their natural habitat.