Hello from the UK

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdmad Girl

Reaction score
Hi there.

I found this forum recently whilst searching for information on shedding mantids. I've recently acquired a mantis for the first time that I've named Kiwi. She's lovely, and really fascinating in every way, though a bit of a worry at the moment as keeping a mantis is new to me, so I'm learning about their behaviours as I go along.

I've been keeping exotics for 14 years. Birds are my real passion, though lizards come a close 2nd. I currently have 10 creatures sharing the home, which include 2 budgies, 2 snakes, 2 millipedes, 2 tarantulas, my new mantis and my bearded dragon who is 13 and a half years old.

I work some weekends at an exotics vets in London as a hobby. I did work full time there about 6 years ago as a veterinary nurse but unfortunately that career wouldn't pay the bills for long, so I kept a job there to feed my hobby a couple of times a month.

I hope to learn a lot here regarding mantids, as there doesn't seem to be much around online in terms of detailed information (shedding/behaviour), so it would be great to learn from some experienced people.

Cheers,

Lee-Anne.

Welcome from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma! I recently acquired a snake and a bearded dragon myself. There's a lot of people on here that are into the other exotics like us, so you've come to the right place! :D

Welcome

whereabouts in London I am ex pat living in Seattle

this is a great forum lots of helpfull peps :D

Royz

Hi Royz.

Last place I lived in London was Twickenham, before that was Chiswick. I'm down in Devon at temporarily at the mo, but will be back there some time next year.

I'm loving all the different types of mantis heads in people's avatars! :)

Hi Royz.

Last place I lived in London was Twickenham, before that was Chiswick. I'm down in Devon at temporarily at the mo, but will be back there some time next year.

I'm loving all the different types of mantis heads in people's avatars! :)
Twickers great place

Rugger and all that dont ya know :D

Devon was one of my Holiday haunts a lot

forum is really cool B) if you ever get Stateside on the west coast look us up

have a great day :p

Royz

Welcome from Yuma, Arizona! Another ex pat, I was born in Hendon and lived in Greenwich for some years before being deported to the US. Generally, it is a bit warmer here than in London, and it's harder to see a good game of cricket.
tongue.gif

Latest posts