hello from the world of carnivorous plants!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nepenti

Reaction score
I'm happy to be amongst you mantid maniacs :)

I'm from Poland and I'm the owner of the nursery dealing with carnivorous plants. Mantids are my favourite hobby as well as macrophotography.

For now I keep following species:

Blepharopsis mendica

Chloroharpax modesta (ex. Tansania?)

Cilnia humeralis

Creobroter elongata

Deroplatys lobata

Elaea marchali

Galepsus (Lygdamia) nimulensis

Gongylus gongylodes

Hymenopus coronatus

Idolomorpha spec. [(cf. lateralis) (ex. Gambia)]

Oxyothespis Dumonti

Oxypilus distinctus

Parasphendale spec. [(cf. affinis) (ex. Tansania)]

Phyllocrania paradoxa

Pnigomantis medioconstricta

Popa spurca crassa

Pseudocreobotra occelata

Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii

Pseudoharpax virescens

Pyrgomantis jonesi

Tarachodes sp.

Theopompa Ophthalmica

Tisma pauliani

Without any hesitance I can tell I'm addicted :)

Welcome to the form!

My family are big into carnivorous plants as well, but I sure hope you don't keep them in the same terarium as the mantids! :lol: LOL.

Welcome to the form!My family are big into carnivorous plants as well, but I sure hope you don't keep them in the same terarium as the mantids! :lol: LOL.
:)

Sometimes I keep bigger mantids with nepenthes plants which are to small to eat the insect :) Some also have beautiful flowers and I use them to put mantids for a photo session. If I have a bunch of H.coronatus or some Deroplatys I will make a terrarium for them with carnivorous plants for sure:)

Hey Nepenti, welcome to the forum ;) Fantastic collection of mantids you have there...you should throw up a few more photos in the photo forum!
I will do so, but for now I have to go buy some food for my geckos :) I will put some later this day.

Hello to nepenti in Poland from Ohio, what a lot of creatures you have, I have always been fastinated by carnivorus plants. Do you have to feed them often? Glad to have you here!

Hello to nepenti in Poland from Ohio, what a lot of creatures you have, I have always been fastinated by carnivorus plants. Do you have to feed them often? Glad to have you here!
I'm really happy they can catch food by themselves and it's not neccessary to feed them, but I think my mantids eat better than me. Because of Yen and some other mantid maniacs I have to eat only bread and butter as my wallet is often empty :)

Now you will make me sad, don't tell my hubby, he thinks they are free... ha ha ha Please come by for dinner, They make me cook everyday. Big strappin boys I have here. Only thing is butter cost to much, we have to eat margarine now that I have mantid hobby. ha ha ha, make me laugh. But seriously if your ever in the US and in Ohio, I will make you the best dinner you ever had. Whats your favorite meal?

Now you will make me sad, don't tell my hubby, he thinks they are free... ha ha ha Please come by for dinner, They make me cook everyday. Big strappin boys I have here. Only thing is butter cost to much, we have to eat margarine now that I have mantid hobby. ha ha ha, make me laugh. But seriously if your ever in the US and in Ohio, I will make you the best dinner you ever had. Whats your favorite meal?
Ha ha ha :) )) Thank you, I like almost every meal, but no mealworms and fruit flies please :) Just love Italian and Chineese food.

I didn't know you made videos. :| I seen your logo on youtube

Latest posts