Hello from upstate NY!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

didymops

Reaction score
Hello everyone: My name is Ralph and I've had a lifelong interest in the natural world, although, I must say, insects have always been my favorites. It started as an avid hobby (an obsession, really) and eventually became my career. I got my PhD in Entomology, went on to become a professor, then later directed several butterfly houses and insect zoos. I have cultured a multitude of different arthropods, most notably tarantulas and now mantids. I currently keep ~25 different mantids, in part because I'm planning to develop a living mantid exhibit in collaboration with the Rochester Museum and Science Center. I'm excited to be part of a group whose members share my interests.

Hey Ralph! Welcome to the forum. Seems like you already know a lot about the hobby. You got any current favorite species?

Welcome Ralph! Awesome to hear you took a lifelong hobby and made a career out of it.  Still wish I would have done that myself!  Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on our favorite bug! ;)

Latest posts