Hello from...you guessed it, socal!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackdhammer

Reaction score
I thought it would be good to intorduce myself as intend on eavesdropping in on as many conversations as I can in my pursuit of more mantis knowledge :)

I have always been fascinated with mantids and I am now in a position where due to a great cover story the wife can't debate, I can keep them in the house. :)

My 9 year old daughter loves all living things and thinks mantids are fascinating.

Unforunately I like many, ordered the insect lore kit and then decided to do some research after receiving all the goodies in the mail.

I hope to gain more knowledge and work my way up to the more exotic and beautiful species of mantids available.

****on a side note, out of the 20 that hatched I kept 7. All 7 are eating well and one just had its first molt :)

I thought it would be good to intorduce myself as intend on eavesdropping in on as many conversations as I can in my pursuit of more mantis knowledge :)

I have always been fascinated with mantids and I am now in a position where due to a great cover story the wife can't debate, I can keep them in the house. :)

My 9 year old daughter loves all living things and thinks mantids are fascinating.

Unforunately I like many, ordered the insect lore kit and then decided to do some research after receiving all the goodies in the mail.

I hope to gain more knowledge and work my way up to the more exotic and beautiful species of mantids available.

****on a side note, out of the 20 that hatched I kept 7. All 7 are eating well and one just had its first molt :)
Welcome! Fellow insect-loving child (8 yrs) and insect lore mantis ooth :) I currently have about 35 from the ooth doing very well. One molted to the 3rd instar today, so I guess I'll have a huge number molting over the next few days. They just get cooler as they grow!

I ordered some ghosts as I thought they might be a bit more hardy and my daughter loves them!

Wyethia

Welcome!
biggrin.gif

Latest posts