Hello, I'm a newby in Texas.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny1972

Reaction score
I am just getting interested in Mantids. I don't have any yet but want some. I just started breeding crickets and flightless fruit flies and now about to start roaches, so I will have food for my new critters. I live in central Texas. I was wanting to know if any of you know anyone around the Dallas Ft. Worth area that would be willing to help out with info for a newby and where to get started buying some nymphs? Thank you.

Hello! You definitely came to the right place for info! I, myself, am pretty new to the hobby as well, so I can't offer too much wisdom lol, but WELCOME TO MANTIDFORUM :)

There are a lot of really helpful people on here, just ask and you shall receive :p

Welcome! I'm just a few hours outside of Dallas. I'm not sure of any local breeders, but you can find pretty much anything you're looking for from online sellers. :)

Hello Kenny and welcome to the forum
welcome.gif

Not sure of any local keepers in your area, but online the most common are from the classified section (see the feedback section about the sellers too). Of course there are many great sites to buy mantids and related goods from online such as BugsInCyberspace, MantisPlace, and MantisPets the most common and recommended for mantis themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm from Texas! I'm from the conroe area,im not close to you,about 5 hours.but you need help on anything just ask.great group of people here!

Latest posts