Hello new to this

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D4170

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I would just like to say that i started doin some ( very little ) research on mantis a few days ago and i am hoping to get set up with most likely a chinese mantis by summer time ill probally be full of questions over time and happy to meet everyone thanks

Bye

hey

thanks for the warming welcome i really enjoy all the info you can get from forums like these. and yes robo mantis since i just started this hobby if you would like to call it could u tell me like how many actual mantis would hatch from an egg? im only lookin to gettin may b 16 - 20g tank soo would that be good or no? im not really sure i ahvent found any hard fact on what size of tank and such to use. thanks

Good question. The egg will hatch 50-400 baby mantids. So that aquarium will work if you want to keep them together a while. (they get cannibalistic so watch out) to prevent cannibalism feed them well with fruit flies. But if you want to hatch and release you can keep them in a small 2 gallon aquarium. Right now just get a small aquarium.

Latest posts