hello

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robs

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Rob. I am new to the idea of keeping mantises as pets - I found a mantis outside on my patio one day and kept it for about three months until it got old and clumsy and eventually died. It was an awesome pet while it lasted, so after it died I ordered some new mantises from MantisPlace.com. Right now I have four young budwing mantises that are probably in their 4th or 5th molt. I also received a mystery mantis that seemed to be the same age - I'm not sure but I think it was a devil's flower mantis. The mystery mantis ended up being the best one of the five...until tonight, when it escaped while I was watering its cage! I've looked everywhere and cannot find it :blink: so I will probably be buying some new ones this week.

anyways I'm here to learn how to be take better care of my mantises, and learn more about their intriguing ways! nice to meet all of you.

-Rob

Welcome to the forum from Yuma, AZ, Rob!

By all means order more mantids, but you have a very good chance of finding your AWOL pet. Think like a mantis (yikes!) and remember that they like to hang upside down, so the ceiling is a good place to start. It's probably not a devil's flower mantis; they are still pretty rare and expensive, so show us a pic when you find it, and five or so of us experts will come up with five different I.D.s
laugh.gif

Welcome to the forum! Your missing friend will turn up eventually. I just found a male ghost mantis that was missing for a couple days :D

Latest posts