Hello

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coastaltill

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just recently captured some adult Stagmomantis Californica in my herb garden this September. I kept one of the adult females in a screen terrairum and my son and I had a great time watching them feed on flies and crickets. She subsequently deposited a large ootheca that hatched out about 140 nymphs 6-7 weeks later. I have been raising the little guys up since and most are L3 now. I have to say I am hooked! I aquired some L3 Phyllovates Chlorophaea from Yen at USA Mantis as wells as some oothecae-Iris Oratoria and Brunneria Borealis. And just recently I got more oothecae from praying_mantis_man-Tenodera Sinensis, Mantis Religiosa, and Stagmomantis Carolina. I really look forward to hatching and raising these amazing bugs. I joined this forum to get more information about mantids as there is not much out there-or I just can't find it. Looking for tips on which oothecae need overwintering/diaause, how many nymphs from each ootheca to expect, and how to sex nymphs.

Look forward to hearing from you all on the forums,

Andy.