Hello

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NecroticSnail

Reaction score
Hi folks.

New to the forums, figured I'd stop by and say hello. I'm down in San Diego, CA. Just getting into mantids. I haven't kept any before, but have had a lot of odds and ends.

I love odds and ends! Like what?

Welcome!
Thank you both for the welcome. As far as odds and ends, all that I have currently is a velvet ant I picked up from you recently. In the past I've mostly kept things I've found in the area, local scorpions, tarantulas, katydids, millipedes, interesting beetles.. I even had a tank full of snails when I was growing up, finally got rid of them because their chewing kept me up at night. Amazing how loudly a little squishy snail can chomp on leaves.

Welcome to the forum! :) Snails slowly chomping on leaves... This can be some new type of torture method maybe? I must investigate further! :detective: :hang: :2guns:

Welcome to the forum. :D Snails can be surprisingly loud. :lol: My daughter and I like to keep them in a container outside, but I bring them in when it gets too cold, which is not very often around here.I remember being a little frightened of this strange, and quite loud scraping sound that was coming from the trash bin on my front porch one night. :unsure: I even had my husband come out to see what kind of creature was in the trash. :lol: I was thinking that it was a large rat or something. I was surprised to find a snail that was scraping its radula against an obviously tasty styrofoam take-out box. :blink: