Hello!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PsychicToast

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm PsychicToast or just Toast or even PT if your crunched for time!

A little bit about myself. I am in my twenties, born in Germany but now living in the States. Currently I don't own any mantids or other insects (kinda...) but I do have a rat, a bearded dragon, a fat little Russian dwarf hamster, a beta/snail/shrimp tank and two leopard geckos. I've also had dogs, cats, crocodile skinks, crested geckos and a whole slew of other little critters. I'll be adding a hissing cockroach soon too (don't tell the fiancé). I've always been a fan of the little misunderstood fellas that don't get too much love in the mainstream because they are too scaley or creepy or in my rats case widely just perceived as just vermin when actually they are all so much more. 

Anyway I stumbled across these forums after researching mantid care and ownership for a bit and figured why not add a new member(s) to the family. I would love to eventually get my hands on some ghosts or orchids and maybe sometime down the road even try my hand at breeding if circumstances permit. I also love the sleek and elegant look of Egyptians. Plus the I kinda own insects part from before was due to having reptiles I've already got mealworms, waxworms, crickets and dubias so aside from fruit flies I've already got meals covered!

So that's kind of a tidbit about my motives here and hopefully I can get my hands wet, so to speak, and gets to know some of you fine folks!

Hello PsychicToast and welcome to the forum
welcome6.gif

Well with all that a little mantid shouldn't be a big deal. ;) I've kept both species you mentioned and they are great. I tend to always have a Ghost, but the little Egyptian Pygmy's (Miomantis paykullii) are great too. The pygmy is great space saver pet (1" as adult), and a very curious exploring mantid too.

Latest posts