hello!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrea

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new user here :)

Name is Andrea, 34 years old, from tthe Netherlands. Married, and mother of a 4-year old daughter. Into keeping mantids since January, and loving it. I also keep tarantulas, and some Phyllium phillipinicum. Just bred my first pair of C.gemmatus, and waiting excitingly for an ooth :)

Unfortunately, the mantis hobby is not very large in the Netherlands, so I decided to sign up here. 

Any questions? Fire away :)

Welcome! Congrats on the C.gemmatus ooth!
I dont have an ooth yet, but thanks!

Welcome! What species of tarantula do you keep? :)
I have Avicularia versicolor, A.metallica, B.albopilosum, B.kahlenbergi, B.smithi C.cyaneopubescens, E.campestratus, L.parahybana, P.cambridgei, P.pulcher and T.violaceus. :)  Some are slings, some juvies, and some adults. I was about to get into Old worlds as well, but decided against it, not ready for speed AND potent venom yet. 

Welcome! Do you have any photos to share? I'd love to see!
Only a crappy phone of the mating of C.gemmatus

IMG_20160528_200221.jpg

IMG_20160528_195119.jpg

I dont have an ooth yet, but thanks!

I have Avicularia versicolor, A.metallica, B.albopilosum, B.kahlenbergi, B.smithi C.cyaneopubescens, E.campestratus, L.parahybana, P.cambridgei, P.pulcher and T.violaceus. :)  Some are slings, some juvies, and some adults. I was about to get into Old worlds as well, but decided against it, not ready for speed AND potent venom yet. 
Nice! I haven't ventured into old worlds yet either, but hope to one day in the future. :)

Latest posts