Hellooo

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lolwutitsalex

Reaction score
I've seen mantids around my house every once in awhile and they look so cool. anyways, I was browsing around on /an/ imageboard and saw them talking about mantids. It was really cool and I thought about getting into it. Still not sure if I want to buy any yet or anything, seeing as my family would be weirded out and I'm not home on the weekends. But I am 18, going to college, working as a server, and living in Georgia.

does it matter where I live?

Mantids are very cool and make very good pets, and no, it doesn't matter where you live if you choose to keep them. Some species are easier to keep than others, but to properly care for the mantids it does require a bit more work than you might think. This work however is not too bad once you learn enough about them to keep them in captivity, and definitely worth it.

I suggest that you do some more reading around the forum, specifically care sheets and what not to get a good idea of what it requires. As far as not being home on the weekends your family would just need to spray the cage daily (twice a day, depending on the species), might have to handle feeding the mantis live food, etc.

Hope this helps, and I strongly encourage you to take the time to learn more about mantids and join the hobby :)

Edit: alot of typos, I should really read through what I post before I hit send :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts