help ID my mantis ?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoffa

Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm very new to this, got my first mantis in early december and he/she has sucsessfully moulted last week ( much to my relief, as it was my first ) here are a couple of pics of my mantis, not 100% sure what species he/she is, i'm assuming that as the wings are starting to show it may be an adult after the next moult and i've also assumed upto now that it's a common african . Can anybody help identify for sure please ? many thanks !

big pics at http://s1100.photobucket.com/albums/g417/stoffaboy/

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forums! I can't help ID the species, but I can say that it looks like you have a nice sub-adult male mantis, there! And you're correct, one more molt and you'll have an adult. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Looks a lot like a lineola...but, of course, I don't have much experience ID-ing nymphs. It would be helpful to know where you got it or your location (if it's wild-caught).

Welcome!

Ah it's been confirmed that it's actually an common African mantis. I live in the uk and got it from a pet shop but the owner couldn't confirm the species. Thanks for your help

Latest posts