Help - Pooly Mantid

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lehkyj29

Reaction score
I have a African Lined Mantid - he is only about 7 months old and has had his adult molt. yesterday morning I found him upside down on the bottom of his viv. I managed to get him back on his feet, but he is really struggling walking and holding on to anything. This morning, he was back on the ground upside down - have done the same, but it looks like one of his front arms is injured and is trailing now, which probably will mean the inevitable will happen. I gave him a spray of water yesterday and again this morning and it seemed to have perked him up a bit. I have had him about 5 months and the pet shop reckoned he was about 2 months old, so he's still very young. Is this common in Mantids?? - This is the first one I have had, so it's still a bit new to me. Any help would be much appreciated x

I would think his life is coming to an end. 7 months for any male mantis is a decent amount of time. If you think most mantids last a year then you are sadly mistaken. Most will never see there first birthday! :( If his condition does not improve? The freezer seems to be the most humane way to end it.

Welcome. We have an introduction forum for you to intro yourself to the group.

It sounds like your mantis is old. They don't live long.

Latest posts