HELP!!!!!!!!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silly~Chili

Reaction score
This is an emergency! I need a reply quick! We just got back from vacation and I discovered that Chili hasn't eaten in SIX DAYS! (She molted though and is now an adult yay!) We'll be able to catch her some flies tomorrow, but not until then! Will she make it? And if not, then what can I do? She refuses to eat roaches we caught but I've heard of giving mantids raw meat. Can I give her a small chunk of raw chicken to fill her up?! HELP!

Shouldn’t be that big of a problem with such a old mantis. They can go a few weeks without eating(and though not recommended). I wouldn’t worry too much about It unless her abdomen is really skinny.

She should be fine, when my gongy molted she refused food for about four days before and one day after :)  

Mantises can go a while without food, so she should be fine. Feed her something once you get it,  though try not to overfeed her with tons of prey since she hasn't eaten in a while. See if she will eat the flies. And maybe feed some honey and give her water.

Mantises can go a while without food, so she should be fine. Feed her something once you get it,  though try not to overfeed her with tons of prey since she hasn't eaten in a while. See if she will eat the flies. And maybe feed some honey and give her water.
Things are looking up! This morning we went out and caught her a couple of bluebottles. She seems fine and we can give her lightly swatted flies until the pet store gets crickets again.

Latest posts