herpguy

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadInTheBasement

Reaction score
Positive....he quickly responds to emails, and ships quick to! great packing and i will for sure buy/trade with him again.... :lol:

Dave Bradt aka herpguy ([email protected])

*********** NEGATIVE *************

I was contacted by Dave Bradt aka herpguy wanting to trade Gambian mantids (he said he had 30 L2's) for whip scorpions. The trade ended up being 2 budgetts frogs from me and 10 Gambian mantids with a 30% over shipment from him. He also purchased for $20 a huntsman spider. He had asked for a 5 to 6 inch spider, then later changed the parameters on the spider to be one with no fuzz as his father has arachnophobia. I said I would send the largest fuzz free spider I had. It was a black huntsman that had close to a 4 inch leg span.

He received the next day shipment and was happy with the nice budgetts but the spider was too small for him. (the shipment to me was 2 days) I offered a 50% cash back refund on the huntsman. Not good enough, I offered a full refund when he returned the spider, also not good enough. He threatened to post a negative review if I did not send a larger spider. He finally agreed to ship the first one back and I would send another larger (fuzz was ok this time).

The next day I received the Gambian mantids from him. The packaging was poor. He send 11 mantids in a bone dry, mesh topped deli cup, a piece of plastic plant, and a large round piece of dry foam flopping around in the cup. Several mantids were under the foam. I received eight mantids that were living, one dying and over the next 2 days 3 more died leaving 4 alive. We also found a fishing spider he had sent instead of the extra mantids. He could not replace the mantids as all the others he had died from a lack of misting, I was told. He said while it was probably not my fault the mantids continued to die, it was not his responsibility to do anything other than refund money for 3 doas at $8 each only after I sent him another larger huntsman. He would then return the first spider, at my expense. It had become clear he knew nothing of huntsman and thought an inch larger in leg size meant a much larger body mass. The chances of me being able to please this person seemed slim so I refunded his $20 Paypal payment.

I chose to undo the remaining deal and returned the living mantids, the dead mantids and the fishing spider 2 days ago FedEx and just received notification of the delivery being refused. This means the mantids and the fishing spider will be in transit for 5 to 6 days. Fortunately the mantids had been well fed, hydrated and individually packed before being returned. They were sent in an insulated box with a heat pack, but it will probably expire before I get them back.

The deal is done with him having everything and me nothing. He ended up with 2 $40 budgetts frogs, a $20 huntsman and the $20 refund. I am done dealing with this person and the situation. From emails to me he feels completely justified in keeping everything as he will not agree to anything except his way..."it is not negotiable".

I will post if the animals survive the return trip otherwise I am done with this.

Steven Busch

Yoncalla Frog

The DOA'S. I sent back the others that had died over the next 2 days after receipt. Since the returned living and the container of total dead were refused Friday 10/3/08 am they are be returned to me. They are estimated to be back to me 10/8/08 at which time I will add the other dead.

20080926doas.jpg

The shipping container for the 11 originally sent.

20081004container.jpg

i regret very much for giving the above "good review" turns out out of all of the the ghost mantid ooths he sold NONE were fertile....i done a trade with herpguy i traded him some chinese mantids for a ghost ooth. anyways i sent him 8 chinese mantids and 2 chinese mantid oothecae(these were free of charge) 2 mantids died durring shipping and 1 a couple days later.he demanded replacements and threatened a bad review if i did not replace all three even though i gave him 2 ooths that would hatch plenty! he even kinda of "stalked" me in the arachnoboards.com chatroom every night asking if i got him replacements. about a week later i had 3 more chinese mantids and i sent those to him with a freebie wolf spider.he even threatened to give me a bad review if i didnt send them right away(he will probably give me a bad review now because i gave him one) few weeks go by and my ghost ooth doesnt hatch(turns out none of the other ghost ooths he sold hatched either) i ask for replacement or a refund since i did replace his chinese mantids and was nice about it. he says he will send me some gambian mantids as soon as the become L2 soon after i get an email from him saying he can no longer send me the gambians because he is trading all of his gambians to Steven Bursch for a huntsman spider this email ended with a "the ooth wasnt guranteed anyways" even though i gave him many freebies and replaced his chinese mantids. after a few emails he agreed to send me 1 baby red head centipede he now has an ad for those centipedes and no longer responding to my emails.......

Bought a Ghost Ooth from Herpguy that looked the size of a Gambian Ooth... like one of those two part mess ups that a female ghost can lay. Definitely not something I would expect anyone to sell. Still, stranger ooths have yielded offspring, so I gave it the usual incubation. When the time had passed and nothing came out I mentioned it to him that this Ooth never hatched I just received an "oh well, times are tough" response.

I don't think it would be unreasonable to take the thumbs up / "positive" subscript away from this breeder's topic, as I would give this guy a "neutral" feedback at best, and that's only because I'm in a good mood that Obama won.

Hello,

I completed a transaction with Dave. Everything was great!! Cant say anything bad about this guy! Very willing to help this newbie too!! I am planning on doing business with him again!!! Thanks again Dave!!

Latest posts