Hestiasula major, Giant Boxer Mantis L2

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are such an interesting looking species. It must be very difficult to get a good photo due to their small size, but you nailed it. Beautiful shots!

I am so glad you got these guys to photograph Michael... One of my favorites... but so small to see... (with my old eyes)

Great pics... Thanks for sharing! keep us updated...

Thank you PrayingMantisPets! :)

They are such an interesting looking species. It must be very difficult to get a good photo due to their small size, but you nailed it. Beautiful shots!
Thanks mushroom!

Not so hard, take a couple hundred shots and maybe 10% will look good. ;)

I am so glad you got these guys to photograph Michael... One of my favorites... but so small to see... (with my old eyes)

Great pics... Thanks for sharing! keep us updated...
Thank you dmina! Yes, wonderful little mantids, I'll try to get some video of the way they box their little raptorial arms at you. :D

Thank you dmina! Yes, wonderful little mantids, I'll try to get some video of the way they box their little raptorial arms at you. :D
Did you forget about the video? or even an update?... I know they had to have molted by now???

Great shots! I especially like the head-on pic.
Thank you Precarious! That's my fave too. These are so cool! :)

Did you forget about the video? or even an update?... I know they had to have molted by now???
Sorry dmina, my mistake ... this one was actually L3 already, the others were L2. They're growing very quickly though, so we should have L4 soon. :)

My first reaction is: "Aww little baby, sooooo cute!"

Seriously though, beautiful pics! I never knew they were so...detailed!

Latest posts