Hey, New Member Here

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Insect Guy

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My name is Mike and I am almost 16 years old. I live in the U.S. and I have been collecting insects for most of my life, since I was around 3 or 4 I would say. I know a great deal for someone so young, at least I believe I do.

Right now I have other pets but for various reasons I will be getting rid of most of them this summer, except my cats maybe. I just wanted to join the forums to learn more about mantids than I already do. I plan on buying some egg cases/mantids this spring or summer. Mantids are one of those insects I haven't had much exposure with but have always loved. I have kept them before and even bred them but that was just with basic wild-caught mantids.

I hope to get advice and learn more about raising, keeping, and where to buy mantids from you all. Sorry this was so long.

See you around.

Okay, don't nobody hit me! I got my first oo-whatever (mantis egg case) off e-bay. That was a real trip. Fed the babies aphids off my snail vine until they were big enough to take crickets.

Roz.

Latest posts