heyas

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nnoitra

Reaction score
I signed up a couple of months ago but forgot to introduce my self. My first pet mantis was an albino or maybe it just stayed white for some reason. She ate everything I gave her, cheeseburgers, blood, etc. A year after that mantis died, more mantids appeared on my backyard again in various colors. This time, I came prepared and bought crickets to feed them. The longest lasting mantis was a female that ate everything including most of the mantids after they mated with her. The ooths never hatched even though I followed every guide I read but I still kept the unhatched ooth. No mantises appeared the year following that, however, this year, was the first time I bought a mantis online using this forum.

Hello and welcome to the forum
welcome.gif

Very strange "foods" to give a mantid, never heard of anyone doing that before. You would be better off giving them prey they would find in nature, as there are many problems that can occur from feeding such "food". Depending on mantid size prey such Melanogaster and Hydei fruit flies, houseflies, blue/green bottle flies, waxworms, crickets, moths, cockroaches, or other insects/"bugs" are the most common prey given to mantids.

Latest posts