Hi All New One here

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleBearGuns

Reaction score
Hello

I am very New to anything like this, I live not that far from Peter and got a few interesting items from him Last week, I had already had 4 other Mantises that I got 3 weeks ago from Florida, I passed away because I guess it was the runt of the litter, So I decide to get from Peter and to my surprise he sent me one from that given birth the second day I got her, Now she is eating again today from my Hand meal worms and drinking water off my hand, What I didn't know is that she will pass before the baby's are hatching, She is very tame and really likes her habitat and to find out she won't last to much longer is really a bummer , I will keep 2 or 3 of the Baby's to raise and keep, The rest I will give away, These are the Carolina Mantises that are Really large,

Peter has given me advise on her and I will make sure I get with Him when they are hatched.

Great Insects to have and raise.

Greetings and welcome to the forum
welcome4.gif

If you think a 2" Carolina mantis (Stagmomantis carolina) are large, wait until you have a larger 4" or bigger mantid species. :D Some really large ones are Chinese mantis (Tenodera sinensis), Griffin mantis (Polyspilota Griffinii), or Devils flower mantis (Idolomantis diabolica) to name a few that are double a Carolina in size. ;)

Latest posts