Hi everyone!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kansant86

Reaction score
I've already jumped the gun posting in the other forums but I'm still going to say hello here! I'm a twenty six year old in the sand box! I'm currently located in Topeka, Ks but I'm relocating to El Dorado, Ks to begin a new job for the city there in their horticulture department at the end of the month. My main entomological ventures are mainly myrmecological. I've currently got seven different ant colonies of six different species! Yes ants are crazy fun, but I'm missing a sidekick! I'm hoping to find what I'm looking for in mantids, my wife won't tolerate a whole lot of things, most insects being one of them!

Welcome to the Forums! I'm rather new here myself. I live in Nebraska, and I found a Carolina Stagmomantis on my neighbors house last winter after first snow. I took her in until she passed in February. During that time she laid 6 oothecas! Now I have a ton of babies! :) I'm glad my husband is very tolerant of my critter collecting. I try to keep it to a minimum so I don't get overwhelmed by animal husbandry or turn my home into a zoo lol

I hope you find some good mantis buddies to fill that sidekick role :)

I'm considering just buying some, but i really would like to find something native also. I'll just have to keep looking!

HAHA! I would love some blue sand, but would love some mantids a bit more! I'm going to have to find some fast! I wonder if I should just go to the lake and search the tall grass or something.. I can't wait much longer.

Welcome from Australia mate I am sure you will love mantids if you think ants are cool.

Latest posts