Hi I am new

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I will keep you guys updated if she gives birth, Rick you may have a baby or 2 for free since you would like some. BTW Porky is a mad crazy eater, I think she would eat and eat and eat if I allowed her to but I stopped her after 4 pinhead crickets, 2 meal worms and 2 nice size adult crickets ( I keep some fat crickets around for my white's tree frog). Porky got her name while i was drving her home, she had a pinhead cricket in each "arm" and it gave me a giggle to see her like that and still hunting the other loose cricket in her cage.

That mantis can catch pinhead crickets? I would feed her two medium crickets or one large one every other day. Or you can feed her a couple small ones daily. She will need more food since she is growing eggs inside of her. She will lay eggs whether she was mated or not. If she wasn't mated they just won't hatch.

Well she ate all the pinhead crickets I had in the container I brought her home in. I might as well explain how this all started, last week my son spent a couple days at my mom’s and he came across a very friendly mantis whom he fell in love with, he took the mantis to the market with him and everything, that night he put back in the potted plant he found it in and it was still there the next morning. So my mom called me to tell about this and I went out and bought some pin head crickets (my mom described it as a baby) and container for it. Well later that day my mom had him put in the plant again to give it excerise and air and when he went back to get it, it was gone. I got a call at my work from my mom with my son crying in the background, she had me go on the internet and see if I could get him a new one, so I ordered a Chinese mantis nypmh. I kept the container and crickets at work because I was having it sent here and it still hasn’t arrived. So yesterday a guy at my work found Porky or I should say she found him and they gave her to me, so I put her in the container and she finished off the crickets that were still alive and that is why she ate pinhead crickets yesterday. :eek:

Pinhead crickets are very very tiny so that is why I was wondering how an adult mantis could even catch them.

Pinhead crickets are very very tiny so that is why I was wondering how an adult mantis could even catch them.
Well these were not as tiny as normal but not medium sizze either, they had a week to grow a little.

Latest posts